The Sector of Agriculture
The control operations are: cereals, oilseeds, sugar beet, soybean and sunflower meal, cooking oil, flour, coffee, spices, fruit, vegetables, meat and meat products, milk and dairy products, alcohol, sugar, canned products, eggs, etc…
Activity in the field of control of agricultural and food products includes:
The Sector of Agriculture is organized on a geographic basis, with its offices in all major commercial and manufacturing centers in Vojvodina:
- The branch “BANAT” based in Zrenjanin and offices in Kikinda, Čoka
- The branch “SREM” based in Sremska Mitrovica and offices in Šid, Ruma, Indjija
- The branch “SEVERNOZAPADNA BAČKA” in Sombor, and offices in Subotica, Bajmok, Bačka Topola, Crvenka and Kula
- The branch “JUGOISTOCNA BAČKA” in Novi Sad and offices in Bečej, NOVI SAD Bačka Palanka, Vrbas and Bač.
- The branch “JUZNI Banat” based in Pančevo and offices in Vršac, Alibunar, Kovin and Kovačica.
“Jugoinspekt-Novi Sad” is authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management, as the competent state authority, to control the quality of individual groups of agricultural – food products in international trade, as well as to do laboratory research work in the field of food safety, animals-food safety too, and to carry out monitoring program. In addition to this, “Jugoinspekt-Novi Sad” is on the list of official agencies and laboratories accredited in the third countries for the releasing of documents that accompany each consignment of wine imported into the EU (Article 48, EC Commission Regulation 555-2008 of 26.06.2008, a list 06 of 07.08.2009.)